Hello everyone! I don’t think I have ever been so happy that the weekend is here because it has been an incredibly busy past few weeks at work. My office recently had it’s national conference and our city was the hosting office this year. Was great to meet heaps of new people working for the organization but man was it tiring. I was pretty much smashed and cooking dinner was the last thing on my mind. Due to past experiences there are a couple of things I always make ahead and freeze so that I have no excuses to eat out. I think I have mentioned my love of freeze ahead dumplings in a previous post. The other thing I like to make in advance and keep in the fridge is pizza dough. And really, there is nothing better than the smell of freshly baked dough after a long day at work.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vege oil
- 9 fl oz warm water
- A small handful of chopped oregano (substitute or omit)
- Sift flour into mixing bowl.
- Add all other dry ingredients including herbs if using and mix.
- Add in oil and warm water to dry mix, knead till smooth.
- Place kneaded dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp tea towel.
- Leave the dough to rise in a warm place for about 30 min or till it doubled in size.
- Punch out the air, roll, top and bake.
- For a healthier option, substitute flour for 1.5 cups white and 1.5 cups wholemeal.
- If it is difficult to get oregano, rosemary is a great substitute!
- Prick holes into your rolled out dough with a fork before baking. This will help prevent a soggy bottom.
- If freezing, do not roll out. Simply punch out the air, portion it and freeze the portions in freezer friendly zip lock bags. Thaw before using.
Trackback from your site.